Everyone has a dream, or dreams. Whether it’s to hold a certain professional position, visit a certain country, or reach a certain feat, we all dream. And at Royal Photos we’re no different! We dream. Our dream is to document the stories of others, and we get to live that out almost every day, but we have other dreams too! That dream is what we call our Wedding & Elopement Photography Bucket List.
What Is The Bucket List?
The Royal Photos Wedding & Elopement Photography Bucket List is a list of all of the wedding and elopement destinations & venues we dream about having the opportunity to work at – the places we would do almost anything to photograph a wedding or elopement at! So that’s what we’re doing… almost anything.
If you are having your wedding or elopement at one of the US-based locations below, we’ll provide photo coverage of the entire event – just cover our travel and accommodations (if applicable)!
Our Wedding & Elopement Photography Bucket List (United States)
- Castle Farms: Charlevoix, Michigan – A beautiful, expansive castle modeled after those found in Europe during the 1900’s. Now used as a wedding and event venue, I attended a styled shoot by Mirrorball Collective at this venue in 2022!
- Mackinac Island, Michigan – Take a ferry out to the island for the perfect weekend getaway, and top it all off with a dreamy elopement – sign us up!
- Stonegate Glass Chapel: Walnut Shade, Missouri – Not too far from home (so little to no travel fees), but a wedding venue we’ve been dying to add to our portfolio since moving to Missouri!
- Samuel H. Boardman Scenic Corridor: Near Brookings, Oregon – Picturesque views of Pacific Ocean, Oregon’s unique & rocking geography, and tons of opportunity for photos!
- Glacier National Park: Montana – Glacier National is on this list for so many reasons, not just because we’d love to photograph your wedding or elopement there. It’s just so pretty!
- Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina – If you’re looking for that perfect beach wedding or elopement, then look no further than Palmetto Dunes. From high-end dining, yacht outings, dolphin tours, and more, there’s tons to do in the area!
- Chicago Cultural Center: Chicago, Illinois – Known for having the world’s largest Tiffany stained glass dome, the Chicago Cultural Center’s Beaux Arts style architecture is sure to make for a stunning wedding or elopement backdrop.
- George Peabody Library of JHU: Baltimore, Maryland – With 5 stories of cast iron balconies and intricate architectural design, this wedding and elopement venue is quoted as being “one of the most beautiful library spaces in the world.”
- Milwaukee Art Museum: Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Sitting on the water, this 341,000 square foot museum is home to over 30k pieces of artwork. Mix that with it’s various architectural styles and you have a perfectly unique wedding and elopement venue!
- The Guardian Building: Detroit, Michigan – With it’s intricate Art-Deco architecture and being packed full of Detroit history, the Guardian Building is one of the jewels of Detroit!
- Beaulieu Garden: Rutherford, California – Host your entire dinner party under one of the largest arbors in the United States, and capture elegant portraits anywhere on the vineyard’s property!
- Oheka Castle: Huntington, New York – The second castle venue on this list, Oheka Castle is one of the largest private residences ever built in America – now hosts weddings, events, & more!
- Brown Palace Hotel: Denver, Colorado – Designed in the early 1890’s, this atrium-style hotel boasts a red granite and sandstone exterior, while on the inside you’ll find a fireproof terracotta and cast iron railings – giving that truly classy feel!
- Olympic National Park: Washington – From vast forests to mountain ranges, the opportunity for unique elopements in Olympic National Park is crazy. Plus it’s on the coast!
- Big Sur: California – The perfect adventure elopement destination, this one is also a must-have for any elopement photographers looking to really break into US destination/adventure elopements!
- Bonneville Salt Flats: Utah – This unique landscape is definitely a must-have in any wedding or elopement photography portfolio – help us add it to ours!
- The Biltmore: Asheville, North Carolina – A beautiful estate perfect for your dream wedding day! After visiting the Biltmore the first time, I just had to add it to the list.
We know, we have many bucket list wedding and elopement destinations. We can’t help it, we just want to go everywhere! So why not help us and help yourself in the process?
As we check destinations and venues off, and add new ones, we’ll continue to update this blog post and list for new clients and couples planning their dream wedding days!
As always, thank you for reading, and don’t forget to follow along for more content like this!